I went back up to Colby's office around noon and met him and Erick (his new boss) (and yes, that's the way he spells his name...I know, I thought it was strange too....) for lunch. We went over to the West County Mall (which is literally a stone's throw from Colby's office) and ate at J. Bucks...it was pretty good. Then we went back to the office, and Erick showed me places I should go explore that afternoon online...and pointed them out on maps, wrote down addresses for me, etc. So nice...
Plus, I met another girl from their office, Shannon...super nice and friendly, and about our age. She said her and her husband lived in Webster and loved it, and said if I needed anything or had any questions, to feel free to call her. That is definitely one thing about the people we've come in contact with so far...all very welcoming and friendly!! Which makes thinking about moving here easier.
So, after leaving the office, I drove down into the city, into what they call South Hampton, which is an older neighborhood, but very, very cute!! I drove a lot of the residential streets and just looked at houses. I would love to be in a neighborhood like this...but a lot of these houses are at least 60 years old, and some are even over 100 years old. I picked up a few info sheets on houses that were for sale, and there were some in our price range. Here are some pictures I took of the area:





All adorable houses...all for sale, but definitely smaller than the ones I saw the day before. Here, you're paying more for the location. These are all actually in the city of St. Louis. Probably a completely different experience/lifestyle. This would still be about a 25-30 minute commute for Colby.
Anyway...something else to think about...
Today, we're going to a farmer's market in Soulard (a neighborhood in the city), and then we're going to head over to Union Station, where Amtrak comes into, and ride the metro link into downtown and walk around for a little while to see the arch, etc. Then we're going to the Cards/Cubs game at 2:45...Colby's company has tickets...and they gave us to them for today's game...which is amazing seeing as how that is such a big rivalry, and the Cards are in 1st and the Cubs are in 2nd...someone else told us it might be hard to get tickets for this game...but they just gave them to us!!!!! So, we're excited about that. The stadium is literally right smack in the middle of downtown! I'll post pictures tonight when we get back.
Last night for dinner, we drove into downtown and ate dinner at an area called Lacleade's Landing...cobblestone streets, lots of restaraunts, shops, etc. The Cards/Cubs game was on in the place we were eating, and everyone was glued to the TV's...yelling, cheering, etc. It was fun...I might could become a baseball fan...although I've never really cared much for baseball. I like the action of football so much better...but, I'm not sure I could ever get into the STL Rams either. It's a good thing Dallas is just an hour and a 1/2 away(by plane)...because one thing's for sure...no matter where we move, we will always be die-hard Cowboys fans...no getting around it...
Plus, I met another girl from their office, Shannon...super nice and friendly, and about our age. She said her and her husband lived in Webster and loved it, and said if I needed anything or had any questions, to feel free to call her. That is definitely one thing about the people we've come in contact with so far...all very welcoming and friendly!! Which makes thinking about moving here easier.
So, after leaving the office, I drove down into the city, into what they call South Hampton, which is an older neighborhood, but very, very cute!! I drove a lot of the residential streets and just looked at houses. I would love to be in a neighborhood like this...but a lot of these houses are at least 60 years old, and some are even over 100 years old. I picked up a few info sheets on houses that were for sale, and there were some in our price range. Here are some pictures I took of the area:
All adorable houses...all for sale, but definitely smaller than the ones I saw the day before. Here, you're paying more for the location. These are all actually in the city of St. Louis. Probably a completely different experience/lifestyle. This would still be about a 25-30 minute commute for Colby.
Anyway...something else to think about...
Today, we're going to a farmer's market in Soulard (a neighborhood in the city), and then we're going to head over to Union Station, where Amtrak comes into, and ride the metro link into downtown and walk around for a little while to see the arch, etc. Then we're going to the Cards/Cubs game at 2:45...Colby's company has tickets...and they gave us to them for today's game...which is amazing seeing as how that is such a big rivalry, and the Cards are in 1st and the Cubs are in 2nd...someone else told us it might be hard to get tickets for this game...but they just gave them to us!!!!! So, we're excited about that. The stadium is literally right smack in the middle of downtown! I'll post pictures tonight when we get back.
Last night for dinner, we drove into downtown and ate dinner at an area called Lacleade's Landing...cobblestone streets, lots of restaraunts, shops, etc. The Cards/Cubs game was on in the place we were eating, and everyone was glued to the TV's...yelling, cheering, etc. It was fun...I might could become a baseball fan...although I've never really cared much for baseball. I like the action of football so much better...but, I'm not sure I could ever get into the STL Rams either. It's a good thing Dallas is just an hour and a 1/2 away(by plane)...because one thing's for sure...no matter where we move, we will always be die-hard Cowboys fans...no getting around it...


2 comments:
All of these houses look so cute. It sounds like ya'll are having a great time there and I am glad that everyone has been so nice and helpful. I agree that football is better than baseball. However, when I was younger my grandmother had season tickets to the Astros games and I always loved going. So much better going to the game than watching it on TV!
I agree with Amy, the style of all the houses you have shown are SO cute! I love the tree lined streets in the older neighborhood, but if it's the same distance from Colby's work as the other neighborhood (where you get more house) why go smaller?
You've got a lot to think about, huh?
How was the game? I got your picture.
Post a Comment