It has been a very mild summer here, from what we hear. People have been commenting on the rarity of this kind of weather in August. We've had a few days that have felt more like Fall or early Spring! Coming from Lubbock where there is absolutely NO humidity, we are grateful for nice mid-80's days with very little humidity! And that is exactly what it has been for the last week or so. It has been absolutely beautiful here...and the evenings cool off perfectly, reminding us a lot of West Texas evenings.
However, about three weeks ago, it was a different story, with temps into the very high 90's, and the heat index towering into 105-110! And this is not dry heat...lots of humidity, so it feels like you can't breath. Those are the days you stay inside in the nice air conditioning!!
So, I was just thinking this morning about how gorgeous it has been lately, and how lucky we've been to have such a mild last few weeks. But, wouldn't you know it...watching the weather this morning, today is suposed to be 90% humidity!!!! Ugghhh...the St. Louis summer isn't over yet...
But, I've heard that St. Louis in the Fall is amazing! So, I'm looking forward to that. Fall has always been my favorite season, for some reason. That's why we were married in the Fall.
I think it's the crisp, cool air; school supplies everywhere (I love school supplies); leaves turning (should be fulfilling here...we've been tree-starved in West Texas our whole lives! :); football gearing up (Go Cowboys!); fall foods and carnivals; pumpkins; lattes (for some reason, I really like coffee in the fall and winter, not so much in the summer); the colors; coats and scarves; etc.
Thinking about fall and the city always makes me think of the movie, You've Got Mail' where Meg Ryan tells Tom Hanks (or is it the other way around?), that she would send him a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...love that line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OKay, I have been a terrible friend. I got so used to you not posting and I check today and you have TONS OF POSTS! I promise to check more often!
I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment