Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Perfect 'Cowboy Fan' Birthday Gift!

So...since my husband never reads this blog...I figured I could share with you guys what I got him for his 30th birthday!! :)
His birthday is in a little over a week, and I've been racking my brain for weeks/months on what to get him. Since this is a big "milestone" birthday (at least to me), I wanted to do something special, and meaningful to him...something he would remember forever.

Well, tonight, after much deliberation...I found it...the PERFECT gift for him!!

Want to know what it is????

It's a brick!! I know...exciting, right?

Don't laugh...It's the type of brick that is fun and "memorable"! What?? You've never seen a "fun" and "memorable" brick?? Well then, do read on...

It's a limestone paver that will be laid in the walkway around the new Cowboys Stadium that is being built in Arlington, TX. I got on the Cowboys' website tonight to see if they had anything cool for sale from the old stadium...hoping to find some memento, or something. But...instead, I found something even better...engraveable pavers for the new stadium...they will be there forever! (Or atleast until Jerry Jones decides to build a new stadium)

Anyone that knows Colby knows that he is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan...always has been, always will be. Much the same as my family...my dad has had season tickets for almost as long as I can remember...and he got tickets to the new stadium too.

Anyway...you get the paver, with three engraveable lines, a replica paver shipped to you free of charge for you to display, and then I also ordered a display case for it, with a laser engraved logo. You also get a commemorative certificate from the team, talking about your contribution to the new stadium. I'm super excited! Colby will LOVE it! Plus, after they lay it, you get a locater map to help you find your stone. So, we'll be able to see it every time we go there, and show our kids and grandkids someday...it will be a great memory, and a great way to commemorate his 30th birthday.

Here's a picture of it...I copied a pic. from the website, and photo-shopped in my inscription to make Colby a certificate to give him on his birthday, since the actual replica stone won't be here for 10-12 weeks.


Anyway...I think it's perfect. It was just what I was looking for.

If anyone's interested...the stones are available for purchase until Oct. 1st on dallascowboys.com.

3 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

When is his birthday? Chris' is October 12th - we are going with another couple to Jamaica next week to celebrate his....but I LOVE the paver! Chris would love it! You are a great wife!!!

Maybe next year we will celebrate 31 in St Louis? That would be fun!

A. Lee said...

Oh man...yeah, I think Jamaica beats a brick! :) His birthday is October 5th. We're going to Disney World for our 5 year anniversary in about a month...I really wanted to do a trip for his 30th...but it wasn't in the cards this year. Hope y'all have a great time!! I've never been there...or anywhere even remotely similar to Jamaica...can't wait to see pics!
That would be fun!! Y'all should definitely come visit...and we need to come visit y'all too! I would love to come to NY! :)

Honeyed Hashette said...

That's awesome! Colby will love it!
You have to take a picture of his face when he opens it!