Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blumenhoff Winery

So, the winery last weekend wasn't exactly what we expected... I guess I've only been to wineries where you actually see the winery, maybe take a tour, explore, etc. This was more like you were invited to a friends bbq in their backyard, and they had a live band (an accordionists to boot), and lots of intoxicated red neck cousins running around...yeah...interesting. Needless to say, I didn't really take many pictures...but here's one to give you a general idea...
We had packed a picnic of bread, cheese, crackers, fruit, etc. and it was a gorgeous day (if a little warm), so we found a nice shady spot on a hill and had a nice time. But, it was definitely NOT what we were expecting. Colby was hoping to be home in time to watch some football that afternoon...but, that didn't happen. We left here at 12:30, and didn't get back until after 10:00 that night! It was a long day and we were exhausted by the end.

The area we went to was about a 45 minute drive from St. Louis...beautiful countryside! Lots of changing leaves...blazing red, orange and yellow set against some still bright green. Gorgeous! If Colby and I had been by ourselves, we would have stopped and taken pictures...but we were others in their car...so we didn't get any pics. Maybe we'll take a drive some evening or coming weekend and get some pictures...I hate to miss all of this gloriousness of an actual season change!! We can see a little of it from our back patio...I'll show you some other day, when it's not raining. :)

The advantages of being surrounded by trees! I love it! :)

1 comment:

Honeyed Hashette said...

Yay for the picnic backpack!
Yeah, that looks a little different from California and even Lubbock wineries. Interesting. :)

Have I mentioned that I MISS YOU?!
Did you get our message last weekend?