Friday, October 10, 2008

Off to Dinner...Let the Weekend Begin...

I'm on my way to Forest Park for a charity dinner. Colby played in a golf tournament there today with 3 guys from work (actually, 3 VP's from work...he was a little nervous about it...) and they have a dinner tonight where I'm joining them. I know of at least one other wife going...so, it should be fun. It's kind of an expensive dinner (for "Southern" barbecue...that's what the brochure said...the brochure didn't have the quotation marks...but I thought it was appropriate, at least until we see what Missourian's deem as "Southern" barbecue...I think we'll be the judge of that, thank you very much.)...but it's for a good cause. The ALIVE organization...Alternatives to Living in Violent Environments...don't know much about the organization, but it sounds like a good thing.

Anyway, there having a silent auction afterwards too. I've never really been one for silent auctions...but we'll see.

Then tomorrow...we're going to Augusta, MO with a several couples. Apparently, that is in the Missouri wine country...who knew MO had a wine country?? Anyway, it's supposed to be a gorgeous day tomorrow, and should be a gorgeous drive, as Missouri really does have some breathtaking beauty and scenery, especially this time of year when all the leaves are changing! We're packing a picnic lunch and meeting at 12:30 to drive out there...I'm really looking forward to it. I'll take lots of pictures, and post them later this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!! Breath in that fresh, crisp fall air...gotta love it!

2 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

Wine Country? Fun! Do tell! Did you get your message from us this weekend?
LOVE YOU!

A. Lee said...

Yes, I did get the message!! Thanks for calling. Sounded like fun...wish I was there!
Love you too!