Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hudson Christopher Lee's Arrival

Our Family
I can NOT believe it's been so long since I posted...a bit ridiculous! But, I figure I better get busy posting before our little guy is all grown up! :)
So...now for a brief update before pictures:

Hudson Christopher Lee arrived on July 21st, weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. He has incredibly long eyelashes, and lots and lots of light brown hair!!! He is amazing and perfect and the biggest little blessing we could have ever imagined! I am absolutely in love with being a mommy, and of course, I'm in love with this little boy. He melts my heart!! Colby is an AMAZING daddy...and soaks up every minute of it! From the second Hudson was born, he's been right there in the middle of it...changing diapers, getting him dressed, burping him, talking and singing to him (or beat-boxing...go figure), and making sure he gets lots of daddy-Hudson bonding time! It makes my heart so happy to see him with Hudson...I always knew he would be a good dad...but seeing him in action makes me love him that much more.

Love at first sight



Mommy's sweet boy
I had a great delivery...labor wasn't so fun, but of course, that was expected. I started having contractions at 1am on my due date (july 20th)...they were pretty minimal that entire day. My Dr. had me go into the hospital for them to check me around noon that day, but we hadn't made much progress, so I chose to go home and come back when the contractions were stronger and more frequent. So...we came home, ate, walked, rested and walked some more. And at about 8:00 that night, the contractions started getting a lot stronger. They progressed steadily until about 2:30 am when I couldn't take it any more and we went into the hospital. I was dilated to a 5 when I got there, and I promptly got an epidural...which was heaven at that point! We were finally able to get some much needed sleep after that, and at 9:00 am I was ready to push. Less than an hour later, Hudson Christopher arrived at 9:52. Everything went so smoothly, thank goodness! Here are some pictures from the hospital:

Just a few minutes old, and an ecstatic mommy!

My dad & Hudson...a very proud Popeye...my grandfather (dad's dad) was Popeye to us...and it's only fitting that my dad be "Popeye" to our kids...makes me tear up just thinking about it
Aunt LaLa and Hudson

About to get his first "bath"
Colby's parents were here for the delivery. My mom and sister, Lauren, got in that afternoon...and dad and Erin arrived the next day. We were so glad that everyone could stay and spend time with Hudson and us at home the rest of that week. We had so much fun with everyone here! Colby's parents left that following weekend, and then my family (minus mom) left the next week. Mom was able to stay and help out for 2 weeks! It was so nice to have her here to help with meals, laundry, etc. Plus, I'm not sure she could have left any earlier...she loves her baby Hudson!!

Now, on to more pictures...the fun part:

Hudson's first outing...5 Guys Burgers & Fries
How many guys does it take to change a diaper??? Apparently 3! :)

First sponge bath at home...dad had to do some comforting

Kim, aka "Honey" (Colby's mom) with tiny baby Hudson

Our first attempt at a family picture...hopefully next attempt will be better!
My mom, Gram, reading to Hudson

Curly hair after a bath!
Briley's not jealous at all....ha!


3 comments:

The Scott Family said...

So precious...can't wait to meet Mr. Hudson! Glad everything is going well.

Amy said...

I am so happy to see pictures of Hudson! I love his hair - so cute! I am glad the delivery went so well. What a blessing!

Honeyed Hashette said...

I love the new layout of the blog and I am SO excited that you updated FINALLY! There were lots of pictures I hadn't seen yet, so I loved it!

He is precious and I can't WAIT to meet him!!

I love you all!