Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes...

Lauren and I have been on a quest to find the most comfortable, warm walking shoes for our trip. We've tried on tons...Merrell's, Privo, Puma, etc., etc. Last weekend Lauren bought some cute black Merrell's from Dillards. Then the next day, she wore them out and about...and after only 2 hours, her feet were already hurting. Crap!

So...all this to say, I have found the perfect shoe for winter comfort (not so much fashion, mind you...but hey...walking in the cold in a foreign city ALL day long...I think I'll take comfort, thank you!). What are these mystical shoes, you ask?

Well...they are the Troika Crocs...don't laugh...they are the most comfortable shoes EVER. I love my Crocs...I know they are not the fashion forward shoe of choice...but man, you can't beat the comfort.

I became a believer in Crocs at Disney World this last year. Since we went twice, I wore mine both times...and they were great! We were literally walking from 7:00am to 1:00am most days, and my feet didn't hurt. Even when wearing the most comfy tennis shoes at DW...my feet and legs usually start hurting by noon. Crocs were my saving grace. (And I even convinced Colby to wear them too...he now loves his too, although he's cautious about where he wears them) haha

Colby and I like ours so much, that we got my dad some for Christmas (Dallas Cowboy ones, of course...knowing that IF he would ever be caught dead in Crocs...these would be the only ones he would consider). We thought he could wear them out to the ER at night, or up to the hospital on the weekends to make rounds, etc.
Well, last night, he told me on the phone that he thinks Crocs are the best "
travel" shoe! (they just got back from a trip to Ruidoso)
Me: "What do you mean by "travel shoe", dad?"
Dad: "Well, your feet stay so comfortable while you're driving...and with the little holes, your feet don't get hot"
Me: "You know dad, that translates to
walking too..."
Dad: "Well, I haven't worked up to wearing them out of the house in public yet...besides taking the trash out..."
I love my dad! :) He, by the way, is very fashion conscious...he's even broken out his old aviator sunglasses, because he noticed they were back in style!

Anyway...I digress...

The Troika's don't look like you're average Croc. They are much more winterized...suede on the top, no vent holes, higher in the back so that rain and snow don't get in, etc. They honestly just look like any other boots or clogs when you wear them with jeans...Observe:
My wonderful in-laws got these brown ones for me for Christmas, and I just ordered the black ones yesterday (thanks to a generous offer from dad to buy them as a "travel present"). I think I'm all set! :) Thanks Dad!!!

I now know that I will be able to confidently walk all over London and Paris without pain, agony or blisters! While I may get a few odd looks...at least I will be a happy girl at the end of every day.

No comments: