Karen (the real estate agent) and I looked at 8 houses today. All were in Kirkwood and Webster Groves area. I really like the downtown areas of these towns...but the houses, that was a different story. The houses were very old, and needed quite a bit of work...for way too much money. I know that things are going to be more expensive here...but, Karen said with these houses, you're literally paying for location, rather than for the house. The majority of the houses we looked at today needed a lot of work, or were very small, or only had 1 bathroom!!! And they were at the top end of our price range!!! :( So...she told me about another area, that is a little further out (St. Charles), that we will be able to get more house for the money, and they have some newer construction...so, I'm optimistic. The area looks pretty cute online, and it will still only be about a 20-30 minute commute for Colby. So...we'll see...
I didn't take any pictures today...believe me, they weren't worth pictures! If I find any tomorrow worthy, I'll take some. Karen said the St. Charles area is full of young families, and cute/quaint neighborhoods...it's also right on the Missouri river, so we'll have to find something NOT on a flood plain.
Just to give you a glimpse of my day...one house we went into was fairly okay on the first floor...I had just finished asking Karen about AC in Missouri, and she said that almost all houses have central AC...so we walk upstairs and it is a SAUNA up there...and she jokes that that's strange, since she just mentioned AC. Well, we went into one room upstairs and there was a heater in the middle of the room that was on...AND there were tons of glass aquariums lining the walls with sheets over them. So, I look over toward one of them, and the sheet is kind of sliding off, and I see a HUGE...HUGE SNAKE in the aquarium!!!!!! All of these glass aquariums are full of stinkin' SNAKES!!!! Are you kidding me??!?!?!?? So, I didn't finish looking at the rest of the house, I had seen all I needed to see anyway...Snake house??? No thank you!
Karen and I looked at houses from 12:30 until about 4:30...then I picked Colby up from work around 5:30. He was not feeling so well (he had been throwing up for a few hours by the time I got there...he thinks it was his lunch :( ...so he came home and slept for about 45 minutes, then we went to dinner with his new "boss to be", Eric. We had a really nice dinner at a steak place, and just got back to the room about 20 minutes ago. Colby still doesn't feel great, and wasn't able to eat much...so he's asleep now. I'm hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow.
Karen is coming to pick me up around 11am tomorrow, and we're going out to St. Charles to tour. Then tomorrow after work, we're going to a going away party for a guy at Colby's office, and I guess I'll get to meet more of his coworkers. Eric said tonight that he's going to try to get us the "company tickets" to the St. Louis Cardinals game this weekend if they're in town...AWESOME! :) So that's exciting!
So far, I like what I've seen of St. Louis. Karen and Eric both said that most people view St. Louis as a big town, rather than a city...so everyone is very friendly and "family oriented"...which we like. I'm thinking that St. Charles, tomorrow, will be similar to Grapevine around Dallas...so we'll see. Sounds promising. :)
I'll write more tomorrow...gotta tend to a sick husband tonight. :(
I didn't take any pictures today...believe me, they weren't worth pictures! If I find any tomorrow worthy, I'll take some. Karen said the St. Charles area is full of young families, and cute/quaint neighborhoods...it's also right on the Missouri river, so we'll have to find something NOT on a flood plain.
Just to give you a glimpse of my day...one house we went into was fairly okay on the first floor...I had just finished asking Karen about AC in Missouri, and she said that almost all houses have central AC...so we walk upstairs and it is a SAUNA up there...and she jokes that that's strange, since she just mentioned AC. Well, we went into one room upstairs and there was a heater in the middle of the room that was on...AND there were tons of glass aquariums lining the walls with sheets over them. So, I look over toward one of them, and the sheet is kind of sliding off, and I see a HUGE...HUGE SNAKE in the aquarium!!!!!! All of these glass aquariums are full of stinkin' SNAKES!!!! Are you kidding me??!?!?!?? So, I didn't finish looking at the rest of the house, I had seen all I needed to see anyway...Snake house??? No thank you!
Karen and I looked at houses from 12:30 until about 4:30...then I picked Colby up from work around 5:30. He was not feeling so well (he had been throwing up for a few hours by the time I got there...he thinks it was his lunch :( ...so he came home and slept for about 45 minutes, then we went to dinner with his new "boss to be", Eric. We had a really nice dinner at a steak place, and just got back to the room about 20 minutes ago. Colby still doesn't feel great, and wasn't able to eat much...so he's asleep now. I'm hoping that he'll feel better tomorrow.
Karen is coming to pick me up around 11am tomorrow, and we're going out to St. Charles to tour. Then tomorrow after work, we're going to a going away party for a guy at Colby's office, and I guess I'll get to meet more of his coworkers. Eric said tonight that he's going to try to get us the "company tickets" to the St. Louis Cardinals game this weekend if they're in town...AWESOME! :) So that's exciting!
So far, I like what I've seen of St. Louis. Karen and Eric both said that most people view St. Louis as a big town, rather than a city...so everyone is very friendly and "family oriented"...which we like. I'm thinking that St. Charles, tomorrow, will be similar to Grapevine around Dallas...so we'll see. Sounds promising. :)
I'll write more tomorrow...gotta tend to a sick husband tonight. :(


2 comments:
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
After the snake house I would have called it a day. Ew! Ew! I'm creeped out and I wasn't even there!
Is Colby feeling better?
Where are the pictures?
Post a Comment