Okay, so I have completely fallen off the bandwagon with this blog thing (I know, it didn't last long)...but, there is so much going on right now, I feel compelled to try again! I'm really going to try to do better this time. Wow...where to start...I have so much to write about!
I guess I'll start with the obvious...as most everyone that reads this probably knows by now...we are more than likely moving to St. Louis!!! CRAZY! I know...
I still don't think it's totally sunk in with either one of us yet...but, we're getting there. We're really sad about leaving our families and friends here...but this is one of those opportunities that you just can't pass up. God has totally opened this door for us, and we are excited to see where it takes us.
We've started collecting boxes from various places (my work, my mom has been saving them for us, and Lauren's getting me some from her work); and I've actually already packed 2 boxes...I know, I know...not much, but hey, it's a start. I guess I haven't been that motivated to pack yet, because we don't have an official date, and don't know for sure when the big move will be happening. But, hopefully we will have a better idea soon.
Most of you probably know the story...but for those who don't: Colby applied for and got a job with his company's corporate office in St. Louis. The whole process started probably a little over a month ago. Corporate actually contacted him to apply for the job (he has worked for them here in Lubbock for about 5 years now), and we thought long and hard about it before he did. Once he applied, it didn't take too long for them to contact him and let him know he was the front-runner for the job. To make a long story short...we are now going up there next week (Tues. through the following Monday) for him to go into work and basically "try it out", and make sure it's going to be a good fit all the way around. I'm so thankful they're letting him do this, and not just go into it blind. They have been very helpful in this whole process. Once there, we will probably try to nail down a more firm date on when we will actually make the move. Of course since it's with the same company, they want to make sure that his current position is filled before they pull him out...plus, they are very understanding with the fact that we have a house to sell, etc. So, we'll see...
While Colby's at work there Wed.-Friday, I'm going to start looking at neighborhoods, houses, and just explore. I've never been to St. Louis, so I'm very excited. From what I've seen on the Internet, there are lots of really neat things to do, cool neighborhoods, great restaurants, etc.
I actually talked to a "relocation specialist" yesterday (a firm that the company suggested), and they're going to set up some things for us to look at next week while we're there. The houses in St. Louis are pretty different from what we have here in Lubbock. 99% of them have a "lower level"...basically a basement, but not always underground like we think of. Most of the lower levels I've seen in postings are "walk-out finished"...meaning they have lots of extra room...(most have been converted into a family room, a rec room, an extra bedroom, an office, etc.) and have a door that goes out into the backyard. A lot of the houses have really neat back decks and nicely landscaped backyards, with huge trees...something we're not really used to here in the "flat lands" of the panhandle!! I'm excited to see what all they have available! I LOVE looking at houses...so I think it will be fun.
I'll post pictures and stories while we're there...
More later...
And no...hopefully the "later" won't be 3 months from now... :)
I guess I'll start with the obvious...as most everyone that reads this probably knows by now...we are more than likely moving to St. Louis!!! CRAZY! I know...
I still don't think it's totally sunk in with either one of us yet...but, we're getting there. We're really sad about leaving our families and friends here...but this is one of those opportunities that you just can't pass up. God has totally opened this door for us, and we are excited to see where it takes us.
We've started collecting boxes from various places (my work, my mom has been saving them for us, and Lauren's getting me some from her work); and I've actually already packed 2 boxes...I know, I know...not much, but hey, it's a start. I guess I haven't been that motivated to pack yet, because we don't have an official date, and don't know for sure when the big move will be happening. But, hopefully we will have a better idea soon.
Most of you probably know the story...but for those who don't: Colby applied for and got a job with his company's corporate office in St. Louis. The whole process started probably a little over a month ago. Corporate actually contacted him to apply for the job (he has worked for them here in Lubbock for about 5 years now), and we thought long and hard about it before he did. Once he applied, it didn't take too long for them to contact him and let him know he was the front-runner for the job. To make a long story short...we are now going up there next week (Tues. through the following Monday) for him to go into work and basically "try it out", and make sure it's going to be a good fit all the way around. I'm so thankful they're letting him do this, and not just go into it blind. They have been very helpful in this whole process. Once there, we will probably try to nail down a more firm date on when we will actually make the move. Of course since it's with the same company, they want to make sure that his current position is filled before they pull him out...plus, they are very understanding with the fact that we have a house to sell, etc. So, we'll see...
While Colby's at work there Wed.-Friday, I'm going to start looking at neighborhoods, houses, and just explore. I've never been to St. Louis, so I'm very excited. From what I've seen on the Internet, there are lots of really neat things to do, cool neighborhoods, great restaurants, etc.
I actually talked to a "relocation specialist" yesterday (a firm that the company suggested), and they're going to set up some things for us to look at next week while we're there. The houses in St. Louis are pretty different from what we have here in Lubbock. 99% of them have a "lower level"...basically a basement, but not always underground like we think of. Most of the lower levels I've seen in postings are "walk-out finished"...meaning they have lots of extra room...(most have been converted into a family room, a rec room, an extra bedroom, an office, etc.) and have a door that goes out into the backyard. A lot of the houses have really neat back decks and nicely landscaped backyards, with huge trees...something we're not really used to here in the "flat lands" of the panhandle!! I'm excited to see what all they have available! I LOVE looking at houses...so I think it will be fun.
I'll post pictures and stories while we're there...
More later...
And no...hopefully the "later" won't be 3 months from now... :)


1 comment:
Yay! You're posting again! Hurray!
I am really excited for you and can't wait to hear about the houses you see!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment