Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby. It's Cold Outside...

It's snowing today...a lot. Actually, there's not THAT much accumulation, but it has literally been coming down all day. We were awakened at 5:30 this morning to snow trucks and men shoveling sidewalks...not really a pleasant way to start your day...the sounds of metal scraping concrete. But, I rolled over and went back to sleep a happy camper. The good thing about living in an apartment/townhouse complex is that you don't have to do any of that yourself. So, in that regard...it was a great start to the day. :) Not that I really care, as I haven't set foot out of the house today because:


A. I have a snowy-ice covered windshield that would need to be scraped (probably for at least 30 minutes) in order to drive safely...yeah, no thanks.
B. It's FREEZING...actually, below freezing, if you want to get technical
C. I hate driving in snow/ice...and I hate other people driving in snow/ice even more!

D. I really have no where pressing I need to go
E. I have a snowy-ice covered windshield that would need to be scraped


So...the puppies and I just sit in the warm (*kind of) house and watch the snow through the windows. Them more than me really...watching snow fall doesn't really amuse me the way it does them...


*Sidenote: I say "kind of" because our house is very hard to keep comfortable temperature wise in the winter. The lower level (which has a sliding glass door leading to the frigid temperatures) is almost always cold. We got an oscillating space heater...but that really only helps if you're sitting within 5 feet of it. This room is just too big for that poor little heater. The main floor of the house is usually a great temperature...which is perfect (sarcastic tone) because that's where we spend the least amount of time. The upstairs where the bedrooms are is warm...most of the time too warm...which sometimes leads to lack of sleep, because there are no ceiling fans (only standing floor fans, which we purchased) Note to self: in the future, do not opt for a three level house.

Sorry for the ramble...it's just that my fingers are getting frostbite as I type, so that is whats on my mind at the moment.


In other news, I made my menu for the week yesterday, consisting entirely of recipes from Janna's food blog,
Honeyed Hashette. Last night, I was in the mood for soup...mainly to warm me up. So, I made the tomato basil soup recipe from her blog, as that is definitely one of my top 3 favorite soups. It was SOOOOOO good, and definitely hit the spot! She claimed that it tasted like the TB soup from La Madeline...but I was skeptical, seeing as how they have the best TB soup, possibly on the planet. BUT...let me just say, I think it was a dead-ringer for LM! I had it for lunch today too...mmmm....yummy. Could be the entire stick of butter in it...I'm just sayin'.
Tonight, is Soy Ginger Glazed Tilapia and Cous-Cous...

Okay...no more food talk, I'm
starving! Must. Get. Snack.

Onto another topic...I scheduled our U/S last week to find out the gender of the baby!!! WooHoo! March 4th is the date to look for...or forward to, rather. Let the countdown to blue vs. pink begin! :)


1 comment:

Honeyed Hashette said...

March 4th! March 4th! March 4th! I can't wait to know what you're having! I'm gonna guess pink. Shall we start a poll?